|at President's Office|
|Location||Buffalo, New York|
|Date Posted||August 13, 2019|
Vice President for Business and Finance
- Medaille College announces the national search for Vice President for Business and Finance. Reporting to the President, the Vice President for Business and Finance is the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of the College. The overarching responsibility of the VP for Business and Finance is to plan, direct and hold responsibility for financial and general business operations of the College, including the creation and oversight of a well-developed financial plan that includes capital allocation and debt management. The VP for Business and Finance (Chief Financial Officer (CFO)) participates in strategic planning for the long term growth and welfare of the institution, its students, staff and programs; incorporates the beliefs and values of the College by consistent exemplification thereof in carrying out the mission of the Institution. The VP for Business and Finance advises and educates colleagues on all activities which may have financial implications for the College; he/she oversees finance division departments (Accounting, Facilities, Payroll, Public Safety, and Student Accounts) to assure the division is performing effectively and efficiently; oversees financial aspects of Food Service as well as providing oversight of the Information Services and Technology Department. The successful candidate will also be responsible for fostering a diverse, inclusive and welcoming environment.
The successful candidate will be a strong leader with an entrepreneurial spirit who motivates others and builds consensus toward strategic directions and initiatives.
- An earned Master’s degree or CPA with an exemplary record
- Three to five years of significant business leadership experience
- Experience in higher education is preferred
- Personal and professional integrity
- Open and direct communication; approachable
- Consensus building and collaborative decision making
- Solid fiscal management skills
Medaille is a growing, private, four-year, liberal arts-based college in Buffalo, New York, serving the educational needs of a diverse student body in Western New York and Southern Ontario through a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs (www.medaille.edu).
Please include a letter describing relevant experiences, highlighting a recent record of success, along with your interest in the position, resume, and the names of three references with titles, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses. Individuals who wish to nominate a candidate should submit a letter of nomination, including the name, position, address, telephone number, and email address of the nominee. Applications and nominations should be electronically submitted to Barbara Bilotta, Director of Human Resources, Medaille College.
The Search Committee will continue to accept confidential applications and nominations until the position is filled.
Medaille College invites applications from all qualified individuals. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse faculty, staff and student body.