|at Academic Success and Persistence|
|Location||18 Agassiz Circle, Buffalo, New York|
|Date Posted||June 16, 2021|
Medaille College is accepting applications for a Literacy Coordinator. The purpose of this position is to provide reading and writing support for students across the campus. The primary role of the Literacy Coordinator is to hire, train, supervise, and evaluate adjunct faculty. The position will provide leadership and develop a holistic approach to student learning with a specialty in English as a Second Language (ESOL/ESL). The Literacy Coordinator is highly collaborative and works with faculty and staff -- responsibilities include but are not limited to: course scheduling, collaborate coordinator of tutorial services, work on special projects, serve on committees, teach English courses, facilitate study groups, and lead the summer scholars program.
• Master’s degree in Education, English or related field. (required)
• 2-3 years of teaching experience (preferably at the college level) with a track record of excellent results advancing student’s academic performance levels in diverse communities.
• Experience or training working with ESOL/ESL students.
• Successful candidates should demonstrate excellent communication, organizational, interpersonal, and counseling skills as well as attention to detail. As well as, the ability to present materials to groups in a workshop setting, and have knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software and the Internet.
• Proven results in providing training and support to faculty, curriculum design, and implementing, analyzing, and helping faculty create action plans from class assessments. (preferred)
Medaille is a growing, private, four-year, liberal arts-based college in Buffalo, New York, serving the educational needs of a diverse student body in Western New York and Southern Ontario through a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs (www.medaille.edu).
Cover letter, resume, and three references should be electronically submitted to Barbara Bilotta, Director of Human Resources, Medaille College. Review of applications will continue until position is filled. No phone calls please.
Medaille College invites applications from all qualified applicants. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse faculty, staff and student body and we support faculty development within a collegial team atmosphere.