|at Academic Success and Persistence|
|Location||Buffalo, New York|
|Date Posted||January 8, 2021|
Director of Academic Advisement
The Academic Success Center (ASC) at Medaille College is seeking a full-time professional for the Director of Academic Advisement. The purpose of this position is to provide leadership for all aspects of advisement and works collaboratively with the campus community to ensure student success and retention goals are met. This position is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive academic advisement system for all students at the college, supervising a team of professionals, managing the office budget, and coordinating advisement schedule activities such as, in person and virtual appointments, course scheduling, and intrusive advisement strategies. In addition, the Director of Academic Advisement oversees training and professional development for team members, assesses and maintains optimal services to all students, and manage all aspects of the financial aid appeal process and procedures related to Student Academic Progress (SAP).
• Master’s degree in Student Personnel Administration, Social Work, Counseling, or related
• 3-5 years of academic advisement leadership experience.
• A thorough knowledge of theories, principles, and techniques of counseling as it applies to
• Strong attention to detail, excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Track record of successful implementation of innovative practices, processes, and programs
related to the undergraduate student experience, including evaluation and assessment.
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including direct experience
working with staff and students from diverse backgrounds and identities.
Medaille is a growing, private, four-year, liberal arts-based college in Buffalo, New York, serving the educational needs of a diverse student body in Western New York and Southern Ontario through a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs (www.medaille.edu).
Cover letter, resume, philosophy of academic advisement, and three references should be electronically submitted to Barbara Bilotta, Director of Human Resources, Medaille College. Review of applications will continue until position is filled. No phone calls please.
Medaille College invites applications from all qualified individuals. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse faculty, staff and student body.