|at Institutional Research|
|Location||Buffalo, New York|
|Date Posted||February 7, 2019|
Medaille College is accepting applications for the position of Data Analyst. Reporting to the Director of Institutional Research and Planning, this person plays a key role in supporting the mission and goals of the office including internal and external data collection, analysis and presentation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in developing, administering and analyzing institutional and program surveys
- Develop and maintain program accreditation data reports
- Assist in the development, management, and distribution of student data for program review, internal tracking, and preparation of mandatory external reports;
- Execute continuous, consistent reports using prescribed templates and formats;
- Respond to internal and external requests for institutional data;
- Provide technical support and training as needed on tools required in data sharing;
- Aid in the development and implementation of institutional and program assessment tools
- Maintain content of the Institutional Research and Planning web pages
- Take on special assignments and projects to support the mission and goals of the office
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience is required; Master’s preferred.
- Skill and experience performing research tasks including data retrieval/collection, tracking , analysis and interpretation; demonstrated knowledge of statistical analysis of quantitative and qualitative data; familiarity working with and handling large data-sets including fluency in MS Excel
- Strong organizational, project management, communication, interpersonal and report-writing skills; ability to work collaboratively with faculty and staff end users
- Experience summarizing and presenting data effectively including the use of tables and charts with accuracy and efficiency
- Ability to take direction, assume increasingly independent responsibilities, and provide appropriate follow up on project-based work.
- Experience with technical systems and strong technology skills. Preference will be given to candidates with direct experience with the following technology tools: Excel, SPSS, Hyperion, Qualtrics, Tableau, Watermark VIA, Watermark Accountability Management System, and TUMBLR
- Three years of experience working in a research environment handling large sets of data is preferred.
Medaille is a growing, private, four-year, liberal arts-based college in Buffalo, New York, serving the educational needs of a diverse student body in Western New York and Southern Ontario through a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs (www.medaille.edu).
Cover letter, resume and three references should be electronically submitted to Barbara Bilotta, Director of Human Resources, Medaille College. Review of applications will continue until position is filled. No phone calls please.
Medaille College invites applications from all qualified individuals. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse faculty, staff and student body.