|at Academic Success and Persistence|
|Date Posted||August 25, 2020|
Curricular Mathematics Specialist
Medaille College is seeking a full-time Curricular Mathematics Specialist to provide leadership and instruction in the area of quantitative reasoning and basic mathematics, in the context of a holistic approach to student development. This position involves teaching basic preparatory math, collaborating with departments to integrate quantitative reasoning and effective math instruction across programs and through all stages of a student’s college career. This is accomplished through providing leadership in development of math and quantitative reasoning-related curriculum, through teaching, and through the development of student tutors to extend the support for student development. The Curricular Mathematics Specialist assists faculty, serves on committees, and aids in the overall operation of the Academic Support Center. In addition, the Curriculum Specialist will assist with the design, development and instruction of Summer Bridge programs.
Qualifications & competencies:
• Bachelor’s degree in Education with a Mathematics focus or related field.
• Master’s degree in Mathematics, Student Personnel Administration or related field preferred.
• Three years of teaching and academic support experience with a track record of excellent results advancing student’s academic performance levels in diverse communities.
• Proven results in providing training and support to faculty, curriculum design, and implementing, analyzing, and helping faculty create action plans from class assessments.
• Successful candidates should demonstrate excellent communication, organizational, interpersonal, and counseling skills as well as attention to detail. As well as, the ability to present materials to groups in a workshop setting, and have knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software and the Internet.
Medaille is a growing private four-year liberal arts teaching college in Buffalo, New York serving the educational needs of traditional and non-traditional students in Western New York and Southern Ontario through a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs. (www.medaille.edu)
Applications should be electronically submitted to Barbara Bilotta, Director of Human Resources, Medaille College. Review of applications will continue until position is filled. No phone calls please.
Medaille College invites applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to a diverse faculty, staff and student body and we support faculty development within a collegial team atmosphere.