|at Academic Success Center-AW (view profile)|
|Location||18 Agassiz Circle, Buffalo, NY, 14214, Buffalo, NY|
|Date Posted||February 16, 2021|
The Academic Advisor provides direct academic and counseling to students and is responsible for building personalized relationships that focuses on student growth and development using a holistic approach. As an advocate for student success, the Academic Advisor equips students with the resources he/she needs to persist to graduation. This role reports to the Director of Academic Advisement and is an integral component of the Academic Success Center (ASC) and its services to students.
The Academic Advisor manages a caseload of up to 225 students and works collaboratively with the campus community to assist students with developing problem solving skills, navigating processes of self-discovery, and career planning as they prepare for their future. A key component to this role is the working with the Student Success Advocates in the TRiO/Student Support Services (SSS) program. The Academic Advisor will positively impact student success and retention by utilizing best practices to enhance advisement outcomes, respond and resolve early alert submissions, assist with registration and student tracking, maintains confidential student notes, and review grades and graduation plans each semester.
• Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in higher education or related experiences required.
• Strong oral and written communication, organizational, and computer skills (proficiency in Word, Excel).
• Experience working successfully with students from diverse populations while promoting and maintaining an inclusive environment and culture.
• Master’s degree preferred in Counseling, Student Personnel, or related field.
• Demonstrated ability to engage in assisting students successfully in persisting to graduation using a holistic approach to advising and counseling.
• Experience with state of the art technologies (i.e., Calendly, Accutrack, Banner, Argos, Blackboard, Slate, EAB-SSC, Degree Works, etc.).
Medaille is a growing, private, four-year, liberal arts-based college in Buffalo, New York, serving the educational needs of a diverse student body in Western New York and Southern Ontario through a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs (www.medaille.edu).
Medaille College invites applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace, and we support faculty development within a collegial team atmosphere.
Cover letter, resume, and three references should be electronically submitted to Barbara Bilotta, Director of Human Resources, Medaille College. Review of applications will continue until position is filled. No phone calls please.
Medaille College invites applications from all qualified applicants. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse faculty, staff and student body and we support faculty development within a collegial team atmosphere.